Installation failed with hint to missing components

Jan 23, 2011 at 11:53 PM

Hallo Tom,

I was very happy to see that you have now a Version to synchronize Password on the PC with my Windows phoe 7.

I tried to install the actual one click installer.

But it fails with the message (sorry guys it's german)

INFO ZUR PLATTFORMVERSION
    Windows             : 6.1.7600.0 (Win32NT)
    Common Language Runtime     : 4.0.30319.1
    System.Deployment.dll         : 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
    clr.dll             : 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
    dfdll.dll             : 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
    dfshim.dll             : 4.0.31106.0 (Main.031106-0000)

QUELLEN
    Bereitstellungs-URL            : file:///D:/transfer%20lokal/Software/Passwords.application
    Bereitstellungsanbieter-URL        : http://wp7passwordsbackup.codeplex.com/releases/clickonce/Passwords.application

FEHLERZUSAMMENFASSUNG
    Es folgt eine Zusammenfassung der Fehler. Details zu diesen Fehlern werden später im Protokoll aufgelistet.
    * Die Aktivierung von D:\transfer lokal\Software\Passwords.application führte zu einer Ausnahme. Folgende Fehlermeldungen wurden entdeckt:
        + 'http://wp7passwordsbackup.codeplex.com/releases/clickonce/Passwords.application' konnte nicht gedownloadet werden.
        + Der Remoteserver hat einen Fehler zurückgegeben: (404) Nicht gefunden.

FEHLERZUSAMMENFASSUNG FÜR DIE SPEICHERTRANSAKTION DER KOMPONENTE
    Es wurde kein Transaktionsfehler festgestellt.

WARNUNGEN
    Während dieses Vorgangs gab es keine Warnungen.

FORTSCHRITTSSTATUS DES VORGANGS
    * [24.01.2011 01:50:54] : Die Aktivierung von D:\transfer lokal\Software\Passwords.application wurde gestartet.

FEHLERDETAILS
    Folgende Fehler wurden bei diesem Vorgang entdeckt.
    * [24.01.2011 01:50:55] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentDownloadException (unbekannter Untertyp)
        - 'http://wp7passwordsbackup.codeplex.com/releases/clickonce/Passwords.application' konnte nicht gedownloadet werden.
        - Quelle: System.Deployment
        - Stapelüberwachung:
            bei System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
            bei System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadAllFiles()
            bei System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.Download(SubscriptionState subState)
            bei System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadManifestAsRawFile(Uri& sourceUri, String targetPath, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
            bei System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestDirect(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
            bei System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.FollowDeploymentProviderUri(SubscriptionStore subStore, AssemblyManifest& deployment, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
            bei System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
            bei System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
            bei System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
        --- Interne Ausnahme ---
        System.Net.WebException
        - Der Remoteserver hat einen Fehler zurückgegeben: (404) Nicht gefunden.
        - Quelle: System
        - Stapelüberwachung:
            bei System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
            bei System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)

DETAILS ZUR SPEICHERTRANSAKTION DER KOMPONENTE
    Es sind keine Transaktionsinformationen verfügbar.

Coordinator
Jan 24, 2011 at 6:36 PM

that was propably because i was experimenting with alternative setups at this time. I do no longer use an online installation as it would cause the app to open a window each time it gets started. but the setup now is working fine. and an update is coming within a couple of hours...

Jan 24, 2011 at 8:54 PM

Thanks Tom,

I was able to install it on my Windows 7 PC now.

But I am not able to synchronize or get any connection between my windows phone and the desktop program. Is there any deeper HowTo description available?

What I did:

installed the tool, marked the host-service-checkbox,

checked if the program is defined in the firewall to come through,

changed the URL-data in my phone 7.

But always if I try to Sync I get the message "Login fehlgeschlagen. Bitte nochmal versuchen". Are there steps to check the service itself on the PC?

thank in davance

Nordlicht

Coordinator
Jan 25, 2011 at 1:32 PM

it sounds like you entered no or the wrong password.

The syntax for the password at the sync/backup page is as followed:

• Backup
    Password is the master password for the phone.
  • Sync
    Password is the master password for the phone
  • Restore
    Password is the master password that was used for the backup you want to restore

You can test if the service is available by entering the Url in a browser.  If you see a page at the PC where the application runs, then the service started. If you can't to this on another PC, then the firewall blocks the port. The software can unlock only the port for the windows firewall and not any other 3rd party software firewall or hardware firewall.